Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Movie (Non)Recommendation

I totally know you are itching to see this movie. I do. I DO!

Hello, world.

The word of last week was sick.  Sick sick sick.  I sounded like a donkey with laryngitis for about a week (a week!).  Much better now though, and it bought me a lot of reading time on the couch.

This week the word would have to be aprender - Spanish for learn.  We were doing so much studying before the LSAT took over our lives, but have really dropped the ball since then. Whoops!  (Oh, and who saw the World Cup final? ARRIBA ESPANA!).

Last night we started watching the Spanish movie Sol y Viento for about the 96th time.  It's one of those low-budget learning films that has accompanying vocabulary lists and hints on new phrases and stuff.  It's so cheesetastic I almost can't even see straight, and The Mister and I have incorporated as many of the Veleveeta-thick moments into our daily routine as possible.  "Un torbellino, Don Jaime!" is not a particularly meaningful phrase, but it gets points around the G-ski casa for style when thrown randomly into a conversation.

un torbellino!
Tweet It! Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your life - or what I drove home in last night. Sorry to hear that you were sick, but it was probably your body telling you that it was time to stop the un torbellino and take a break. Glad you're feeling better. When do you leave?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?