Thursday, June 10, 2010

A cool glass of water

Yesterday we did something wonderful.
We went to the library.
(Not to take a practice test, and not to study.)
We walked around for a half hour, gathering books like a child in an easter egg hunt, hoping to find the one with the best treasure inside.
We both walked out with a stack as high as our shoulders, and we went home, got lemonade, and read the whole rest of the evening.
"That", The Mister breathed contentedly, "was like a cool glass of water when you've been thirsty all day."
Oh, how we've missed reading.
Tweet It! Facebook

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I've been listening to audiobooks voraciously (if that's possible) during my commute, but I do miss the comfort of a book in my hand and the transport to other worlds. Glad you're back "among the living" again!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?