Thursday, August 20, 2009

If I were a Tweeter

So I’ve thought about joining Twitter. I think I’d like to just join so that I could follow all my friends and chat with each other like they do. But then I think about all the people trumpeting the narcissistic, inane quality of Twitter and I think twice. I don’t know. My friends that use Twitter are really cool as a group, and I haven’t known any of them to start growing multiple personalities just so they can tweet to themselves or anything like that. They seem pretty normal.

But the jury’s still out. Mostly it’s just another thing that I don’t know if I need. Although I get bored at work sometimes. But what should I do if I have sound-byte-sized thoughts of 140 characters or less I have no outlet for them? And then I think, you have a blog, dummy. Just post them on there.

Here, a collection of my “tweetables” as they are affectionately know by others who’ve had this thought before me:

Why, oh why, is traffic heavier on cloudy days? Arizona drivers = sense of entitlement.

I wonder if I would eat shrimp less often if they came with the creepy black eye stalks still on.

There is a cricket family that has taken up residence behind our dishwasher. We call the biggest one “Jiminy”.
I just read Pride and Prejudice again. I think I shall start referring to Ron as "The Mister"

Note to self: if you live in a place where you have a yard, there is a high probability that you will have neighbors with barking dogs. Not worth it.

Sometimes I wish I could just pay someone money to download Spanish into my brain. Only, if you could do that, would you speak with the same accuracy as a machine translation? Like “my pulsing aortic valve” instead of “my beating heart”?

@mybigsister: I’m wearing your clothes today. Again.

@mylittlesister: I will get a forlorn text from you if I tweet about Hannah and not you. So let it be said that I also steal your clothes occasionally. That white skirt I took from you in high school I still wear. It’s still cute. I don’t regret my thievery.

The Mister just IMed me : "I have a mint in my mouth and I just coughed and it flew out onto my keyboard. Gross." I'm positively drowning in romance, folks.
Tweet It! Facebook

6 comments:

  1. Yes! Join twitter-please, please, please. It's more than just sharing what you are doing. It's a place to share links, pictures, and ideas. I've actually met a lot of cool people because I twitter. And I've also discovered a lot of new cool blogs through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tweets in your blog are definitely more interesting than anything I've read yet on Twitter. Maybe I'm not familiar enough with it; it's supposed to be good for business, but if you don't have any followers (and why would they follow if we don't tweet?) I can't see that it does any good. Unlike "aka Jamie," I find Facebook a little more "freeing" than Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I WILL Twitter...at least I'd be guaranteed two followers. Right guys? Right? *tap, tap* Is this thing on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should so join twitter. Your tweets would make my day better. I know Jamie has met a lot of cool people and shared ideas, etc. I just mainly like reading other peoples and find it intriguing to sometimes to condense thoughts to a small space. Actually, less people follow me on twitter than on face book, so I think you can put more bold comments there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't get past the memories of that Twitter video to force myself to actually post on Twitter. I would feel unashamedly narcissitic...and my blog is already a decent outlet for my own narcissism.

    So I refrain. But perhaps, one day, I will tweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christie: I will throw caution to the wind and join if you will.

    Throwing down the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?