Thursday, May 1, 2008

2 More Weeks of Cheeseburgers!


Today is officially the two week mark until we leave!  We aren't going straight to Burundi though - we're flying to DC first for two days to see our sweet baby niece, who is currently still in utero but is planning to make her world debut on May 7th.  Then we'll be heading for about 10 days in Rwanda before we travel to Bujumbura.  We're scrambling to get everything done in the next two weeks but are also trying to remember to take time and enjoy this period of excitement and anticipation!

My friend Christie sent me a link to this video awhile ago.  It's been so significant to me over the past few months, and now that I have the technical knowledge to embed a video, I'm sharing it!  It's  a beautiful song by Sara Groves, which she wrote after spending some time in Rwanda.

Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Claude just showed me this video last night, and I so appreciate her song. I love that it is one of hope, dignity and remembering. I have watched several times during the night, just digesting the words.

    2 weeks...hard to believe that we are so close to launching this African adventure! Today I said my first good-bye to a friend, that hug that will have to last till we are together again in September. I kept the tears at bay - till she walked out the door. We go to something wonderful, but we leave many pieces of wonderful at home. This temporary parting is part of the journey, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, imbedding a video! I'm proud.

    And I, of course, love the video. You guys are going to see so much and I am so so excited for you. I'm going to soak up my last two weeks of insta-communication with you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?