Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Friendship and Beer Go Hand in Hand


I have been way remiss in failing to mention that a few weeks ago, I got to spend a lot of time with one of my favorite people.  My friend Christie came out to visit from Oklahoma City.  

She and I met while we were studying abroad in Prague together.  We bonded in tea houses in Vaclávske Namésti over our shared love of good books, subversive expressions of love for God, Czech beer, and Derek Webb.  We have one of these friendships that slowly and subtly changes who we each are, and how we see the world.  We talk a lot about life and art and theology and our futures and our weaknesses and faults and strengths. She is one of the coolest people I know, and I am pretty lucky to have her around.  I always walk away from our interactions feeling inspired, and I don't think I have a higher compliment to pay than that.

If you wish you had a little Christie in your life but you are deprived, never fear!  She happens to blog in her own little corner of the internet right here.

P.S.  Aren't these pictures cool? Christie is awesome enough to have a digital SLR camera (ENVY ALERT!)and I am lucky enough to have an obliging photographer on hand (thanks, babe!).
Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

  1. I think you're pretty rad too!

    I loved my visit. I swear a thank you card will come eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know how we feel after we've had a chance to visit with you guys. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?