Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This Weekend:


We had a lovely, lovely weekend in Coronado.


It involved:


  • Walks on the beach

  • Sleeping with the back doors wide open to let in the sound of the crashing ocean

  • Wearing a sweatshirt (so exciting!)

  • Finding a "dirt" scented candle in a little boutique shop. (Uh-huh, you heard me. Dirt.)

  • Many long, meandering, deep conversations with our dear friends and hosts, Rick and Joan

  • Ice cream (cake batter ice cream with cookie dough mixed in...it's called "all lovin' no oven")

  • Sorbet (The Mister and lactose don't mix so well, so you know...I had to express my solidarity with him by eating some sorbet too. Lemon sorbet mixed with raspberry is simply dreamy)

  • Getting dressed up and going to The Theater to see a play. I felt so...old money.

  • Reading a lovely new book, "Cold Tangerines". It has a bright orange cover, with a juicy, vibrant-looking orange, and I couldn't help but feel that was a good omen.

  • Watching the sun set over the ocean.

  • Lots and lots of fresh salty sea air.

  • No electronics of any kind - I even turned my cell phone off.

  • Good memories.

  • Boats.

  • Lots of bugs smashed on the windshield.

Hope you had a great weekend too!

Tweet It! Facebook

1 comment:

Leave me a comment! Por favor?