Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things About Me: The "For No Reason" Edition



1. I love macaroni and cheese, steak, and berries of all kinds.

2. I am addicted to chapstick.

3. I lived in Japan as a child, and while there I modeled in fashion shows and for all sorts of dorky clothing companies and toy ads. I was even on a billboard once, in an advertisement for a ski slope. The early '90s Japanese fashion was out of this world.

4. I have very eclectic music tastes and have everything on my iPod ranging from my fave composer Rachmaninov to my fave rapper Jay-Z. And everything in between, although I draw the line hard and fast at opera and Josh Grobin.

5. I come from a pretty artistic family but I can barely draw a stick figure with the right proportions. I painted a canvas for our living room and it looks like a 5-year-old did it, but I like it anyway. I call it "kindergarten impressionism"

6. I'm not a picky eater, and the only thing that consistently doesn't appeal to me is fish. It's just not my cup of tea. *Update: I ate fish tacos from a corner stand in Ensenada, Mexico and officially became a fish convert, albeit in limited form: it must be deep fried and not taste at all like fish.

7. I studied abroad for a summer in high school in Málaga, Spain (yes, strangely enough, this is where I live now) and a semester in college in Prague, Czech Republic.

8. Ron and I have been together for nearly 10 years and I like him more and more all the time.

9. My favorite piece of clothing is a pair of vintage baby blue chuck taylor's that Ron got me - they're pretty rad.

10. I LOVE to read. I read most of Tolstoy's work the summer I turned 11 - including War and Peace. I was going through a Russian literature phase. How nerdy is that?

11. I read way more nonfiction that fiction. I love books on politics, theology, economics, and history. When I read fiction I like to stick to the classics - with notable exceptions for Twilight and Harry Potter (there, and you thought I was a book snob!)

12. I am constantly surprised by my life. Like, really honestly shocked sometimes at how it's ended up so far.

13. In my book, chocolate is only okay. I like chocolate cake and brownies and all that, but just a bar of chocolate? Gross.

14. Rabbits are creepy. Period.

15. Bad grammar, especially in writing, drives me crazy.

16. I still know every word to Alanis Morrisette's "Jagged Little Pill" album. I used to listen to it while I painted my nails blue. I was like, soo 1995.

17. I'm not really a pet person, but I hate admitting that because people honestly think there's something ill-formed in your character if you don't like their animals. Maybe I should start a support group: "No, I Don't Want to Pet Your Dog, But I'm Still a Nice Person".

18. I was a competitive figure skater until I was 14.

19. I was voted "most likely to succeed" in eighth grade. (HA! hahaha)

20. I spent four months out of 2008 in Africa.

21. I love to write!

22. I have chatted with both Hillary Clinton and George W. Bush, both times because my Dad was flying Air Force One/Two at the time.

23. I was politically conservative until I was about 20 or 21 - before that, I thought I'd be a lifelong Republican. Then I had some sort of personal hippie revolution that I didn't see coming. And now I wear Birkenstocks (kidding).

24. Daffodils are my favorite flower. The kind with the white outsides and yellow insides. Lovely in a mason jar.

25. I have always been a news junkie and I had a crush on Tom Brokaw when I was little. I am pretty sure it was the voice that got me.
Tweet It! Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Por favor?